This posting is dedicated to provide some explanation and opinion to question raised by one of our reader from UiTM. This student was assigned on justification to choose of fiber optic or UTP as solution to the network connectivity between Ground Floor to Floor 1.
- The network is design to cater for LAN data only?
- Or combination of data, voice and video?
- How fast speed of data required between site A and site B, 10Mbps or 100Mbps or 1000Mbps (1Gbps)?
- Any future network capacity required to link up voice (PABX) or video conferencing or else?
- Is there any existing conduit / truncking link up between Site A and Site B?
- The existing conduit / truncking are already pre-occupied with electricity cabling?
- If no conduit / truncking, then what is the length between Site A to Site B?